Recognizing devotion to the Society and dedication to the discipline
Founder of The Coleopterists Society and The Coleopterists Bulletin
President 1968, 1969
Monograph Co-editor 2005-2006
Member since 1963
Councilor 1984-1986 and 2002-2004
Editorial Board 1997-1999
Awards Committee 1997-2004
Nominations Committee 2008-2009
Member since 1980
Investment officer 2010-2012
Website coordinator 2006-2008
Book review editor 1993-2002
Editor of the monograph series 2009-2012
Councilor 1974 and 1983-1985
Chair Editorial Board 1988-1990
Member since 1969
Newsletter editor 1978-1981
Member since 1964
Member since 1973
Treasurer – 1987-1991
President-Elect, President, Past President, 1993–1998
Nominating Committee, 2013
Member since 1976
Nomination criteria include the following required attributes:
- Sustained, active membership in The Coleopterists Society.
- Past service to The Coleopterists Society (elected or delegated or voluntary).
- Advancement of coleopterology nationally and/or internationally.
- Sustained history of publication in The Coleopterists Bulletin and/or other Society publicatons.
Additional, non-required criteria that strongly support selection are:
- Contributions to public collections of Coleoptera.
- Development of research resources on Coleoptera.
- Substantive development of teaching resources on Coleoptera.
- Training of future coleopterists.
- Promoting appreciation of beetles to the public through popular books/articles, museum exhibitions, public lectures, etc.
Process for nominating future Honorary Members
- There will be no more than one Honorary Member elected each year.
- Nominations can be submitted by any current member.
- The full Executive Committee will vote to decide between multiple nominees, or to decide if a single nominee meets the minimum standards.
- If there are no nominees or if none of those nominated in a given year are ratified by the Executive Committee, there will be no honoree that year and the nominees will not be rolled over to the next year.
- Nominations should be submitted to the President of the Society, with a copy submitted to the Secretary, prior to March 1st to ensure consideration for a given year.
Contents of the Award
- Honorary Members will have their names listed on the inside cover of the Bulletin in perpetuity.
- The Society will pay the dues and the Honorary Members will receive the Bulletin for the rest of their respective lives.
N.B. Honorary Members who wish to continue to support the Society by paying annual dues may select another member or colleague, e.g. student or foreign colleague, to support with these dues.