Undergraduate Travel Award
The Coleopterists Society invites undergraduate student members of The Coleopterists Society to submit a proposal for the annual Undergraduate Travel Award.
1. Eligibility: Must be (1) currently enrolled as an undergraduate degree student in good standing at a recognized academic institution and (2) a member in good standing of The Coleopterists Society. Eligible applicants may receive one Undergraduate Travel Award during the course of their degree.
2. Allowed Requests: Proposals will be considered for travel costs associated with attending the Coleopterists Society/Entomological Society of America annual meeting (including but not limited to: meeting registration, airfare, accommodations, and meals). The Coleopterists Society will provide award recipients with travel funding only (all official/legal permissions and/or visas for travel are the responsibility of the student). Applicants are encouraged to use this award in conjunction with any available travel funds available through their institution, supervisor, or other resources (an asset but not a requirement).
3. Award: One award will be granted for up to $1,000. The proposed annual meeting must be attended while enrolled as an undergraduate student or in the same calendar year as undergraduate graduation.
4. Applications: Include (single-spaced 12-point Times font, 1-inch margins):
i. 1 page summary overview of the student’s professional and/or research interests in Coleoptera.
ii. 1 page detailed budget and justification for the requested funds. The budget must not exceed $1,000.
iii. A letter from the student’s department or faculty advisor confirming the enrollment of the student in an undergraduate program.
iv. Confirmation that the student accepts responsibility for determining need and acquiring all necessary permissions/visas for travel (applicable to students from outside the U.S. and Canada).
5. Please email applications to Chair of the GSREA/Undergraduate Travel Award committee:
Dr. Marc Branham
Department of Entomology & Nematology, University of Florida
Email (replace “(AT)” with “@”): marcbran(AT)ufl.edu
Deadline: 1 March (annually) – for 2020 the deadline is extended to 1 MAY 2020!!